Sermon Text: 1 Peter 2:1-12
- What are we being built into, according to 1 Peter 2?
- Who is doing the building?
- What is our assigned role within this family?
- What does it mean to offer spiritual sacrifices?
- What commitments are implied when we take on the role of priest?
What tasks are assigned to us in this passage?
What is revealed to the world by our unity?
Small Group Discussion
- What feelings come to your mind when you think of home?
- How do you talk about the goal of creating a home with someone who didn't have a positive experience?
- What is necessary in order to feel "at home?"
- How is the church fellowship like a home?
- How do family members resolve conflicts?
- Are conflicts the sign of an unhealthy family? Explain.
- What spiritual sacrifices have you seen made on behalf of others?
- Are there spiritual sacrifices you need to make in order to help a brother or sister in Christ? What might they be?
- Are there points of unresolved tension in your life that still call for forgiveness?
- Does this fellowship feel like home to you? Why or why not? What should be done to turn a corner on that?