Sermon Text: Matthew 22:15ff
- What kind of a question is posed by the Pharisees? What part did they get right?
- What about Jesus' life helped the Pharisees form the introduction to this question?
- What answer does Jesus give to this question?
- What is the central mission of the Kingdom of God?
- What do we owe the emperor?
- What do we owe God?
- What do we owe everyone else?
- Thinking about the life of Jesus, what actions or parables challenge the social order of the day?
- Thinking about the life of Jesus, what actions or parables challenge the religious order of the day?
- Do you think you live too much in one kingdom or the other? Explain.
- In what ways do you express the priority of your allegiance to the Kingdom of God over your allegiance to the Kingdoms of this World?