Sermon Text: Nehemiah 8:1-10; Ezra 3:10-13; Nehemiah 2
- When was the last time you were summoned to a sacred assembly? What was that like
- What is the most common theme of your prayers?
- Do you pray mostly for what you would like God to provide for you or do for you, or do you pray more frequently to understand what God would like you to do for Him?
- Describe the last time you felt like you had a specific job to do for God, or because of the leading of the Holy Spirit?
- What does it mean to observe – “We are strong when our actions/lives, when our “practice” brings joy to God.”
- Why is it important to note that the rebuilding of the temple, the altar, the walls of Jerusalem all happen at the expense of foreign rulers?
- At what energy level and with what focus do you pursue knowledge of God and of His will for your life?