Sermon Text: Hebrews 9:11-15; Christ, Our Priest, Our Sacrifice
- What does the symbolism of banishing the goat teach us about sin in our lives? Hebrews 9:11
- Jesus functions as our perfect priest. What is perfect about his priesthood?
- He doesn’t need to present any sacrifice for his own sin . . .
- Human priests needed to repeat the sacrifices daily. How is it different for Christ?
- Human sacrifices only removed external or ritual uncleanness. What does Christ’s sacrifice accomplish?
- Human priests served as a mediator between God and man. Why is the contact between God and man more effective when mediated by Christ?
- Human priests couldn’t change the way humanity approached God. The sacrifice of Christ opened a new way of connection. What is the new way like?