Sermon Text: Colossians 1:13; Galatians 1:3; John 1:9-13
- Why is darkness so dangerous?
- What things can be seen, now that the Light of Jesus is among us?
- Why is light, by itself, insufficient to save us?
- Why is the power to rescue, by itself, insufficient to save us?
- What is revealed by the life of Jesus?
- The exercise of staying in step with the Holy Spirit can also be described as “walking in the light.” How much do you identify with the desire to walk in the light of God’s revelation?
- You can experience the light of revelation on various levels. Can you explain the difference between general revelation, spiritual revelation, and personal revelation? At which level have you “seen the light?”
For Further Reflection
Continuing to walk with Christ requires some choices. Describe the choices you make to follow Christ.
Having light present isn’t enough, according to Jesus. What kinds of choices are now possible because light has come into the world?
Matthew 4:16 (quoting Isaiah 9:2)
For whom is this light?
1 Peter 2:9
How does “walking in the light” become a part of our identity?