Sermon Text: John 21:1ff (Matthew 4:19ff)
- Why do you think Peter and friends are fishing?
- What types of things come into your biblical memory when you hear this passage?
- What does it mean to “fish for people?” (Matthew 4:19)
- Why do you think the disciples are confused about the identity of Jesus? How had their relationship changed since the resurrection?
- Why does Jesus single out Peter on the beach?
- What instruction does Jesus give to Peter?
- Do you think there is a connection between the first time Jesus finds these guys fishing and the last?
- Is this instruction (John 21:15-17) for apostles only, or for all disciples of Jesus? Is it for you?