What We Believe
The Church of the Nazarene is a conservative, bible-believing Church. In summary, these are our essential beliefs:
- We believe in one God-the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, who is fully God and fully man at the same time, who became like us to help us understand who God is and how much He loves us.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, who is active in the world, leading all mankind towards God.
- We believe that the Bible is the Word of God, giving us all we need to know about how to become disciples of Jesus Christ, and how to live to please God.
- We believe that we are all sinners by both nature and deed and we need God’s forgiveness and cleansing.
- We believe that Jesus Christ died on the Cross and that, by trusting in His promises, we can be restored to a right relationship with God, which leads to eternal life.
- We believe that God has enabled us to turn to Him from sin but that He has not forced us to do so.
- We believe that each person must repent and turn away from their sins, in order to know the forgiveness of God.
- We believe that when we turn from sin and trust in Christ, the old record of sin is wiped clean, and we are born anew, thus becoming part of the family of God.
- We believe that after being born anew, the power of God’s Spirit can be unleashed in our hearts. When we make a complete commitment to follow and obey Him, He fills us with His perfect love, which gives us the ability to please Him, to love others, and to live victoriously.
- We believe that our Lord will return, the dead will be raised, and that final judgment will take place. We believe that all the members of God’s family will live with Him forever.